Mums & Dads
We have spoken with a plethora of parents out there who have voiced their daily challenges to parenting. We understand there is a growing need for support and to break down social stereotypes for the roles of parents. We provide the space to allow permission to be you! Our sessions and workshops host a variety of topics:
- Pre-natal Mothers Groups
- Post-natal Mothers Groups
- Dad’s Groups to Understand their Roles as Dads
- Breaking down social ideas about parenting
- A parent’s identity
- Balance of parenting and self-care time
- The Teenage Years
- Any many more….
Due to our extensive experience in the field with big brother company Character Builders, we understand the daily challenges which kids attempt to navigate themselves. We inspire Kids with Character to harness and extend skills in areas of need. Our Character Coaches are highly trained in the Character Care philosophies and with their own unique expertise to develop Character. Some themes for Character Kids include:
- Building Confidence
- Battling Self-Esteem
- Bullying Workshops – How to Deal with them and How to Notice your Own Bullying Behaviour
- Empowering Skills and Strengths
- Growth and Care
- Resilience Discovery – dealing with Divorce, Death, Loss and Grief, Bullying and Power Dynamics, Identity Formation, Puberty, Social Media and more…
Our specialist Character Coaches will take you on a creative journey using artistic mediums. Character Care has a variety of workshops available and spaces are limited. Check out our Character Coaching Calendar to find a workshop of your interest. If there isn’t one to your liking, please contact us to discuss other options. We also combine our creative workshops for our mums and dads groups, and Character Kids. Some workshop options are:
- Art Coaching – our artistic coaches will accompany you through the use of art by painting and discovering different techniques
- Writing Coaching – we have numerous writing Character Coaches who have extensive experience with writing to portray your message, whether it’s to unload, journal, calligraphy, write poetically, ramble and gather your thoughts, or to simply improve your style, we have you covered
- Character Cooking is a fun way to meet other people to share stories, recipes, techniques, and ignite your tastebuds!
- Public Speaking has long been documented as a challenging and fearful duty. Worried about your upcoming Best Man or Maid of Honour speech? Have to keep your emotions together for a sentimental eulogy? Got a big work presentation coming up? Our Character Speaking Coaches are the best in the biz and will challenge you to improve you public speaking performance.
Under our Character Care philosophy, we place high value in the historic traditions of paying it forward and community engagement. Research shows the invaluable rewards to helping others. Within our programs and therapy outcomes, we encourage the people we care for to participate in servicing others. We have made numerous community relationships where we can facilitate participation in servicing others through volunteer opportunities, whether its spending time at an aged care facility to share stories with others, or perhaps assisting food vendors to feed those in need. Our partners include the following opportunities:
- Environmental Clean Ups
- Aged Care Facility Visits
- Disability Care
- Homeless Assistance
- Kids for Kids
- Character Ambassadors*
*Character Ambassadors are people we care for who grow with us. After experiencing our Character Coaching sessions, an Ambassador may want to pay it forward to our Character Community by volunteering at our hub with future participants who would value their insights.